ABSORBING AND DISPERSING FORCE
The horseshoe design both absorbs and disperses the force away from the critical area. Standard hip protectors merely absorb the force from a fall. On the pictures to the right, is a simulation of a person is wearing either a competitive hip protector pant or is wearing a Safehip hip protector pant.
When exposed to the force of a fall, a standard hip protector shield covering the fragile spot may not offer adequate protection and instead can cause trauma to the fragile spot.
All SAFEHIP® AirX and Classic pants are light weight and knitted in one process making them seamless. Moreover, all styles are designed so there are no irritating labels or seams on the skin as care instruction and size are knitted in. Also, SAFEHIP® are made as fixation pants which ensures that the shields are held optimally in place. And all pants are designed to be able to hold a continence pad in place if needed.
THE STORY BEHIND SAFEHIP – THE SHIELDS
THE FIRST PROTECTOR
– THE HARD SHIELD
- Tytex was the first company to develop a hip protector back in 1993 where the hard shield was presented
- It was developed in co-operation with the Danish orthopedic surgeon, Jes Bruun Lauritsen
- The hard shield is the shield that has been subject to most trials
THE SOFT SHIELD
– THE FIRST HORSESHOE
- The first version of the light weight soft foam shield was developed in 2006
- In the process of development Tytex received external support from experts Professor Steven Robinovitch, Helena Peters and Jes Bruun Lauritsen
THE AIRX SHIELD
– TEXTILE BASED HORSESHOE
- SAFEHIP® AirX was developed in 2007 and introduced worldwide in the spring of 2008 with great success
- Compliance MAX version launched in Autumn 2017
At Safehip we cherish input from our users. We want to hear and learn from your story - so please connect and share